Phil Powers (Wilde Award-Best Performance–Original Production 2017) and Artun Kircali from the world premiere of Clutter by Brian Cox (Wilde Award-Best New Script 2017)
• We believe that the most vital theatre experience for a modern audience is engaging with contemporaneous stories, by a range of playwrights that reflects the diversity of our community.
• We select plays that offer the viewer something new. Whether it's a new approach to language, a new perspective on a social issue, a genre that is new to our audiences, a new playwright's unique voice, or the innovative treatment of an age-old theme, our plays explore the value and excitement of looking at the world in a fresh new way.
• We place our trust in the playwright as visionary, encouraging them to create art that is necessary in our world today, whether hard-hitting social drama, or wild and woolly, frivolous fun.
• We believe that the most critical calling of the American theatre today is to support and develop new plays and playwrights.
• We believe that theatre experiences should not be a luxury for the privileged few, but a building block of a civilized society, accessible to all.
• We believe artists are capable of governance and invite them onto our board.